Originally posted: Mar. 17th, 2006 at 12:51 AM on livejournal
The following is a parody for humor purposes only: it is not an in-depth analysis. For a definition of “Sekrit Rool” go here
Once again, yes, even though I mock, there is still a tiny kernal of love so this is all in fun with fluffy treecats of please don’t flame me or I’ll inflict the buzzsaw of fuzzy death on you. This is all about David Weber’s Honor Harrington novels, what I remember of them.
1. The sun really DOES shine out of Honor’s ass.
2. Despite cover art that indicates otherwise, no character will EVER admit that the “hammer head” ships look like giant space dildoes.
3. All names will be either clunky, injokes, or punny. If you’re REALLY unlucky, they’ll be all three.
4. The only thing that could make a space battle better is detailed descriptions of how and why everything works…even if you end up losing track of who is aiming what at who.
5. There are good misogynistic polygamists and there are bad misogynistic polygamists. The latter will remind you of a certain fundamentalist Islamic group, while the former will remind you of Mormons.
6. There is no such thing as “too much information.”
7. All liberals are ignorant radical hypocrites. All conservatives are reasonable, intelligent and whatever the opposite of hypocritical is.
8. It’s okay to beat the snot out of someone you disagree with–as long as it’s in a fit of Righteous Anger at their stupidity, because they are WRONG and you are so very very RIGHT (especially if you are Honor Harrington.) Any political snafu that results will be cured by your next big victory. (Until the mean evol liberals come after you.)
9. Nimitz is everyone’s ickle buzzsaw of fuzzy death! And he’s SMART too!
10. Insert Your Own Rool Here!